Balakalakaar is an initiative taken up by AIESEC, It is organized with the aim of creating an opportunity for the under privileged children of the city to discover and develop their potential in creative exercises such as Art, Dance, Drama, Music, and Craft.
This is done primarily through workshops and training provided by esteemed professionals in the above fields along with AIESECers, youth volunteers and internationals from the Global Community Development Program.
Balakalakaar is also aimed at connecting today’s youth to the less privileged children of the city thus giving them a chance to make a difference! Through this project we take one step forward towards our vision of ‘Fulfillment of Humankind’s Potential’
HOW TO ACT?
- Apply to be an AIESEC Member and lead the project in your city: http://www.aiesec.in/join
(Criteria: College students and recent graduates. Age: 18-22)
- Become an Associate AIESEC Member here: http://www.aiesec.in/engage-with-aiesec/associate-member-programmes/.
(Criteria: College students and recent graduates. Age: 18-27)
- ACT by sponsoring a child today by contributing Rs.3000 which will give a child a complete year of education
Project Activities included:
- Workshop Preparation : AIESEC & its partners approach the NGOs and schools to secure permission for holding the workshops at these institutes as well as NGO’s to encourage the participation of its children in the event.
- Event Preparation: Opportunity for child finalists to display their talent on the big stage . Most talented children to be felicitated with prizes and scholarships by an esteemed panel of judges and celebrities.