1) The Akanksha Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide children from low-income communities with a high-quality education, enabling them to maximize their potential and transform their lives.
2) Akanksha works in the field of education, initiating school reform through The School Project, and providing a supplemental education through the Akanksha centers.
3)Currently, Akanksha reaches out to over 4000 children through two models: the after-school or center model and the school model.
4) Akanksha has 25 centers and 15 schools in Mumbai and Pune. Through the centers, a commitment is made to support each child by providing a strong educational foundation, good time, self-esteem and values, and to help them plan how they can earn a steady livelihood as a step towards improving their standard of living.
5) The School Project is a venture to open high-quality schools serving children from low-income communities in Mumbai and Pune. These schools are in partnership with local municipalities, with the vision of creating small clusters of model schools in these cities that can be used to impact the mainstream education system.
About the Project:
1) Akanksha runs 15 schools between Mumbai and Pune. All these schools are housed in BMC buildings and attended by children from low-income communities.
2) On teachers' day we invite MTV and its employees to teach in our classrooms to experience the joy of teaching and to get an insight into the working of a classroom and a school.
3) This will also give employees of MTV a glimpse into the backgrounds of some of the students in Akanksha.
4) College students and young professionals can become volunteers and share Knowledge
How to Act :
1) Sign up to volunteer with the MTV team or can sign up to volunteer any time later.
2) Spread the Word
3) Help by donating – Sponsor a child, a field trip, a book library, a school etc. For more details visit www.akanksha.org
To volunteer, e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 022 23729880