ABOUT AMTM: 1
Animals Matter To Me (AMTM)* is an animal welfare charitable trust, established in 2010 by Ganesh & Dheeraj Nayak. Since its inception, AMTM has worked towards animal welfare and animal rights. AMTM pools in resources in the form of manpower, medicines, material, veterinary help, & proceeds from individuals, organizations and private communities to successfully feed and care for the homeless abandoned & abused animals found on our streets.
AMTM has worked with a team of qualified veterinary doctors and volunteers, to successfully rescue, vaccinate, sterilize, provide other forms of treatment and feed 350 stray cats in Mumbai. There have been a few successful adoptions as well. AMTM has also vaccinated and sterilized 345 cats in Mumbai with the help of the BMC and several animal shelters in the city. AMTM is now working towards procuring space/land for the first ever, state-of-the-art cat shelter.
- Sterilization - TNR Program
- Merchandise sale for fundraisers
- Animal rescues/ fostering/ adoptions
- Charity merchandise for fundraisers
- Stray dog vaccination drives (monthly)
- Stray cat vaccination drives (monthly)
- Feeding programs for stray animals (ongoing since inception)
- Rice, lentils, dry food donations to individual stray animal feeders
- Awareness camps in schools/collages/corporate spaces/public places
- Fighting against animal cruelty
HOW TO ACT?
- Report an animal in distress/cruelty case
- Adopt an animal
- Donate – medicines, medical equipment for the AMTM (ambulance,rice/lentils/dry food)
- Placing our donation boxes in your school/college/corporate space
- Volunteer with AMTM
- Spread animal welfare and animal rights awareness
- Contribute towards first ever proposed cat shelter ‘Catville’