Are you the Hottest Vegetarian Next Door?
October 15, 2012 @ 00:00 am
Are you the Hottest Vegetarian Next Door? Read on to know how you can participate in PETA's contest and show that you care:
Founded in 2000, PETA India operates under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on or use for entertainment, while educating policymakers and the public about animal abuse and promoting an understanding of the right of all animals to be treated with respect. PETA India and petaDishoom (PETA India's youth division) also work to combat climate change by spreading the word about the environmental advantages of vegan eating.
About 'Meat's Not Green' – Try Vegan
The goal of our "Meat's Not Green" campaign is to show young people the devastating impact that eating meat has on the environment and to empower them to help themselves and the planet by going vegan. Here are just a few reasons why meat's not green:
1. According to a report released by the United Nations, a global shift towards a vegan diet is necessary to combat the worst effects of climate change.
2. A meat-eaters diet is responsible for more than seven times as much greenhouse-gas emissions as a vegan's diet is.
3. You save more water by not eating one steak than you do by not showering for six months!
4. Gobbling down meat gobbles up precious energy. It takes more than 11 times as much fossil fuel to make one calorie from animal protein as it does to make one calorie from plant protein.
5. In some countries, animals raised for food produce 130 times the excrement of the humans who live there! These mountains of manure contaminate water sources.
Participate in PETA India's first-ever Hottest Vegetarian Next Door Contest!
Of course, saving animals' lives every time you sit down to eat makes you beautiful on the inside. But, as every vegetarian knows, cruelty-free eating has some pretty sweet effects on your outside, too, such as clear skin, healthy hair and let's not forget that svelte bod! Show off your vegetarian pride and convince others to get foxy by entering the Hottest Vegetarian Next Door contest. Click HERE to participate in the PETA India's first-ever Hottest Vegetarian Next Door Contest!