#ThisDayInMusic musical maestro and singer extraordinaire A R Rahman was honored with a Lifetime Achievement award.
So join us in toasting the extraordinarily talented singer who had a lifetime achievement award bestowed on him #ThisDayInMusic. The Jai Ho composer, who started out his career in the late 80s, is by no means a stranger to prestigious award – His trophy shelf is toppling under the weight of the multiple Academy Awards, Grammy Awards and Filmfare awards he has picked up over the course of his career.
Love A R Rahman? Well then, here’s a list of five surprising facts we bet you didn’t know about the genius:
1. His Academy Award composition Jai Ho started out with a random email from the director of Slumdog Millionaire who messaged him, “Hey I'm Danny Boyle, I like your work, and it would be great for us to have you on our film." The rest, as they say, is history.
2. The musical genius wasn’t passionate at all about music in his earlier days and was instead inclined towards engineering. What a loss that would have been to the world of music!
3. That the singer actually made his TV debut at the wee age of thirteen on a show called ‘Wonder Balloons’ on Doordarshan!
4. The track Jai Ho was originally composed for the 2008 dud Yuvvraaj.
5. Weirder still, Subhash Ghai gave the song a thumbs down because he ‘wasn’t too kicked about it.’
Love A R Rahman? Make sure to share this with all the other fans you know!